Wednesday 7 August 2013

Airfix Conversions: Mobelwagen

Once I 'graduated' to micro armour in the 1970s, my old Charles Grants 'Battle' armies were slowly chopped up. The Germans used to have three Panzers IVs, and one of them was used for this conversion. I think the plans were in Military Modelling, and I can't for the life of me remember where I got the quad 20mm guns from.


Mobelwagen based  on the Airfix Panzer IV. New superstructure built from plasticard, and the common fault of the tracks being too long corrected by judicious clipping so they are nice and tight.

I acquired a pair of these Quads 20s from somewhere or other, possibly ex Roco? One of them ended up here.

This model was repainted a few years ago and based up for Megablitz. It is currently serving as the Flak battalion for 29th Panzer Grenadier Division.

A bit of stowage on the back, not quite sure how the crew have fixed the spare wheels in those locations, they are obviously creative types. I seem to have had a fairly steady hand for painting markings at some point, not sure I could do that now.

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done! Could it be an Esci quad 20?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It might be Esci, but it is pretty ropey model if it is. I acquired two of them in the distant past (they date alongside all my original 20mm stuf from the 1970s). I wonder if it might be Roco, but it looks a bit big for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one for the orbat
    The 1944 Germans need this!

    ReplyDelete