Thursday 28 September 2023

15mm BPM Bedford OY Lorries

 My new desert Brits needed some transport, as unlike the Italians and Germans, they don't have any existing toys suitable to be pressed into service. I wanted some larger transports and supply vehicles as well as some 15cwt trucks. 


For the lorries I went with these BPM Bedford OYs. BPM do a wide range of Bedford variants, but I wanted the short wheelbase version as they take up less space, and open backs as I (may) want to put stuff in the back for operational games. 


These really are lovely models, just done in the basic APL , not resin. There were a few striations on the bonnets and cabs but easy to sand down. No wheels to stick on either. 


Just look at the beautiful detail on the rear deck, there are even the holes in the tailgate. 


I quite like the 'Tonka Toy" look of the OY. I have a few for my European theatre Brits as well, in metal though. 

I just did these in my standard British desert scheme. Grey undercoat, heavy drybrush of VJ desert sand, a brown inkwash, another drybrush of sand and then a very light highlight of VJ Pale Sand. The ink really got into the planking and doors. 

I did the windows in blue with a white highlight using my Posco ink marker pen. 

Very pleased with those, and hopefully years of service to come. 



4 comments:

  1. Didn't someone say you can't have too many trucks? ☺
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did indeed. However I need to be a bit cautious with my sand coloured British trucks as I cant use them for anything else. I'm going to re paint some of my green trucks in SCC2 brown so I can use them for the desert too.

      Delete