Thursday 9 November 2023

15mm BPM Humber II

 Along with the Dingo, I thought the Brits could do with a bit more recce capability. The problem with British AFVs in the desert is that some many different types were used. 


The Humber II is a good solid choice, it started appearing in late 1941 and remained in service for the rest of the campaign. Later on I'll get some more exotic vehicles, but this is fine for now. 


This is a lovely clean print from BPM, despite the very complex hull shape. The only thing it is missing is the distinctive spare wheel, but it is fine otherwise. 

My only observation is that it seems to be very.... big. I should probably check the measurements, but I'm sure they haven't sent me a 20mm by accident as I know how big the Matchbox Humber is. 


All the deep engraving and sharp edges take a wash and a drybrush nicely. 


It sits very nicely as well. Very much a 'wheeled tank'. I've just realised I forgot to paint the shovel. Doh! I'll have to go back and do that. 

Otherwise it just got the same Light Stone finish as everything else, as I was in a rush to get this lot done.






2 comments:

  1. I thought the same about size with a couple of 15mm printed models, but no, they really were big lads! The Sd Kfz 9 Famo is another case in point.

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you are right. My old 20mm Matchbox Humber were also huge as I recall. I've generally found the BPM stuff to be spot on scale wise.

      Delete