Thursday 26 September 2024

15mm British Radio truck - new supplier trial

I was casting around for 3D printers as alternative suppliers for 15mm stuff. It is bizarre how variable the ranges they offer are! Anyway, I came across 3D Printing Valley Ltd, who do some interesting stuff. They are obviously aiming at the 1/56th scale Bolt action market and not the cheapest as it is entirely resin, but I picked a few trial items up. Most of the site listings are large scale, but there are options to scale down. 


First up was this Morris (?) radio truck.. Absolutely exquisite, a beautiful single piece resin print, with very little tidy up required. 


I'm not sure what else there is to say about it, just lovely and no assembly required. I like to have HQ vehicles, and ideally with a fairly small footprint. 


You can't see under the tilt but the inside is hollow and all the radio gear is printed inside the vehicle body, by some sort of 3D computer magic. Just amazing. 


I don't think my painting has done it justice. I did it in SCC2 with black disruptive. I've got one in Mickey Mouse already, so wanted something a bit different. Otherwise it got and inkwash and a dry brush. 

A useful addition to my British softskins, and nice to find another supplier who does decent stuff. 





1 comment:

  1. Very nice. The resin prints are much superior.
    The problem with the 3D print companies is they seem to come and go.....
    Another one is Battlefield 3D:

    https://battlefield3d.com/

    Neil

    ReplyDelete