Thursday 18 April 2024

15mm WW2 Desert British - Stage Three

 Yet more Brits for the desert! I found the first batch really hard going, but by now I have a system worked out and this lot were much easier.  I actually did these a while ago, but the post has been sat in my backlog. 


Not a huge load of stuff this time, I'm at the stage of doing more manageable sized chunks of toys for the Brits.


Another CD/Rapid Fire Infantry battalion was the main element, 12 more bases of infantry in various poses. The usual arrangement of one LMG group, one Rifle Group and one Rifle/Command group per company. I managed to paint these far faster than the first lot as I've figured out the colour scheme. 


And some more support weapons. More Vickers, 3" mortars, a couple more carriers and a 6pdr. I'll need more 6pdrs if I'm moving into 1942, but one is fine for now and all I need for a very specific scenario I have in mind.


And just because I love these old clunkers, a trio of early Cruisers, Marks I, III and IV. At some point I'll get a Mark II, but not today. These will do for 7th Armoured Brigade in the Crusader battles, as well as Operation Compass stuff. 

I'll feature the new models in the ongoing series of modelling posts.


2 comments:

  1. Nice work Martin. The desert armies must be quite sizeable by now?
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, in all they are up to four box files worth now, which is plenty. Im hoping to put on a big game in June which will use almost all of it. Watch this space!

      Delete