Wednesday 17 May 2023

More 15mm Jeeps

 You can never have too many Jeeps for US armies, and BPM offer these in a huge range of options at monumentally low prices. 


To start with I just went with three basic Jeeps with no fancy bits. I might think about getting some armed ones and trailers etc later. These were moulded in APL, so took a bit more prep than the resin stuff but in fact all the mould flash came off cleanly and there wasn't any damage to the fine parts. 


The detail on these is pretty good, and they are neat little models. No assembly required! I wasn't really sure abut how best to paint the raised windscreens (maybe I should have gone for flat ones), but I did them my usual blue with white highlights and they actually look OK.


I just did them in overall OD with a wash and a drybrush. As usual, I didn't bother with markings, although I might add the odd bonnet star at some point. 


Heavily cut in detail and curves is often a bit of a problem with 3D stuff, but you can see that even though these were printed in the cheaper material the wheels, mudguards, bonnet and steering wheel have all come out fine.

Great little models, and I expect I'll be getting some more.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment