Wednesday 14 June 2023

15mm Semovente

 I have a few Italian vehicles now, but I was missing a 75mm Semovente. Again, I ordered one from QRF but it didn't turn up so in frustration I ordered a Peter Pig one along with the Para figures. In fairness to QRF, when they came to cast it they found the mould was useless, and did tell me that. 


The finished thing.  a nice clean model with very little flash. It had a few parts to assemble, separate tracks, the rear hull plate, two hatches with an (optional) commander and the gun barrel.


It all went together OK without much filing or bending required. The gun kept falling out until the glue set, so I should have put in a blob of blu tak to hold it. I did the hatches shut and the commander went in the spares box. My other 'Italian' commanders are modified Russians and Germans!


For a metal model it is a reasonably crisp casting with nice deep engraving that took a wash well. You can see the engine deck detail here. I did in sand yellow with green disruptive, which was quite common on Italian vehicles, then gave it a dark brown wash and a light drybrush of pale tan.


Here it is next to my QRF M13/40. The chassis are similar sizes but PP is always a bit on bloaty side of 1/100th scale.


The slight chunkiness of the PP suspension is a bit more obvious here, but they are close enough in size.

A perfectly good model, and a useful addition to my apparently expanding Italian forces. 




2 comments:

  1. A nice job, I’m not even sure that Battlefront do these in plastic. There seems to be a few bloggers building up Italian forces at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I could have it a decent 3D print from somewhere, but among the mainstream manufacturers there doesn't seem to be much option for Semovente. Once I've cleared some shelf space, I'm hoping to more Italians.

      Delete