Thursday 3 August 2023

Another 15mm Somua

 Something else I'd originally ordered from QRF which didn't turn up, and later did, another Somua.


Hey, a QRF Somua, exactly like my other one. These are nice models, although a bit more assembly than the BPM one, there are only a couple of tracks to stick on - that interesting double sided design QRF uses. I held them in place with a bit of blu tak while the superglue dried.


A very complex hull shape. I remember an article in Airfix Magazine where someone scratch built one of these. Ouch.




Much deeper engraving on the engine deck than the BPM one, so took an ink wash well.


I did it in the same three colour scheme as my original Somua, so they will do for French or German service. I've already done the comparison with the BPM one, and they are all virtually identical, except the resin one has a thinner gun barrel.

I rather think that is all the Somuas I will ever need, enough for a full Megablitz DLM, and either I/21st Panzer in 1944 or 7th SS Panzer Battalion at one base per company. I do have some more France 1940 scenarios where they may put in an appearance.



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, they are a very pleasing AFV. I'm always amazed at home small they are compared to other medium tanks of the era.

      Delete
  2. Always nice to see the French kit .. even at secnd time of passing by this post .. nice, very nice

    ReplyDelete