Wednesday 16 August 2023

Some light lorry bodgery

 Among Tims various donations to my 15mm lorry fleet were a few dodgy diecasts, which I thought would benefit from some TLC.


There were a couple of flatbed lorries, which I think just look much better with all enclosed sides. I had some similar ones in my old AK47 armies, and I adjusted the bed size they could carry a base of heavy weapons, so doubling up as a Technical. 


I just made up some extra side panels from plasticard. 'Steel' sides I guess. 

Having done that, I can't help thinking the cabs might need some attention too, possibly add a split windscreen and a more 1940s style radiator. They'd look a bit more like Bedfords then. I shall think on.


One of the other lorries was this die cast horse box. Ideal to make into an ambulance as I have plenty of command bus type vehicles already.


I made up a couple of rear doors with strip plastic handles.


And added a couple of window cover flaps on the side. There are a couple of great big red crosses in the decal box, so I reckon that will do.

Painting of these to follow....




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. As is the way of things, I've been distracted by other stuff and not done anything with them since!

      Delete