Wednesday 27 March 2024

Hammerhead, March 2024

 I fancied a day out at a show, and Hammerhead was calling, just an hours drive down the road. Sorted.


I got there around 11.30 and it was rammed, really packed. I was surprised, it seemed much busier than Partisan. I'd only really come to say hi to friends and buy some modelling supplies. I meant to get there earlier but I had to wait in for an electrician.

I bumped into Neil of https://aufklarungsabteilung.blogspot.com/ fame right at the entrance.


I did actually get to play a game! Thank you Wakefield Wargamers.


My plucky 6mm Commandos had to land, find their way inshore, and blow up a wicked German gun emplacement. Mission accomplished, but at hideous coast as we ran into no less than three German patrols en route.


There were some fairly impressive games on show! I gather they were all supposed to be participation games.


Well, except the DBA competition. The elite team of Wargames Developments DBA players discuss strategy, or how to roll '6's. It was good to chat to Graham, Chris and Chris.


The DBA games were all played with massed 6mm armies on 25mm scale bases, and very nice they looked too. Hundreds of barbarians.


Otherwise I had a wander around and took a few photos.


Lovely Pegasus Bridge.



Two nice Nam games which caught my eye.

I managed to pick up some paint, and discovered an urgent requirement for some I94 decals, but no luck finding any 6mm bridges or adobe buildings. The Brigade stuff is lovely, but too small for what I had in mind.

I was only there a couple of hours but it was a fun trip. We are planning on going to Partisan in May, but I'll be running a game at that.




No comments:

Post a Comment