Wednesday 27 March 2024

Peter Pig 15mm Horch Car

 Along with their Opel Blitz's, I wanted some lighter softskin transport for my DAK troops, and an obvious candidate was the Peter Pig Horch Heavy Car. I've already got some in panzer grey (featured in a recent post), so a few in sand would be useful additions.


Here they are. I was slightly surprised to find they turned up packed with crew figures! (my old ones are empty). That is OK, but it means they are a bit less generic as I'll have to pick a certain uniform variety.  


The model itself is easy to put together. Very little flash to clean up and just four wheels to stick on, which have nice big locating lugs. It has lots raised detail and is well cast and very crisp.

The figures were a bit more fiddly as they all came with separate heads, one officer, one peaked cap and three helmets. The neck holes are pre drilled but the necks themselves are far too long and need trimming.

If I'd known they had separate heads I'd have ordered some heads in field caps, oh well. 


The crew all look very cosy crammed inside, and they give the car some character..


I just did them plain Iraqi Sand over a grey undercoat with a light drybrush to pick up the highlights. I went for greener uniforms so they will do for North Africa and Europe/Russia, but there wasn't much I could do about the helmets so I did them tan.

Nice little models which go together well and look good. 



2 comments:

  1. Yes Martin is transitioning to built in crew. I quite like it, saves having to do a lot of amputations and filing to get them to fit! Always good to have some spare heads in storage for occasions like this.
    Personally would have done the helmets in a light khaki. Tan screams Afrika Korps or Sicily to me. Light khaki I use for the mud/dust covered look which works desert war, Italy and Russia in the summer and Normandy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just a bit surprised to find figures in them as they weren't mentioned in the description or shown in the product photos. Saves me putting crew figures in anyway. Good tip on the tan helmets, I can easily repaint them.

      Delete