Wednesday 7 February 2024

15mm BPM Sdkfz 10

 I have a few German halftrack prime movers already, but they are panzergrau, so the desert project was an opportunity to get some sand coloured ones.


A couple of BPM Sdkfz 10s. Fairly diminutive but good enough for many things. Like the Sdkfz 10/4s, no crew included. Unlike SP guns, I'm less bothered by a lack of drivers in transport vehicles, but I shall add some when I get some more loose driver figures.


These are nice crisp castings, despite being done in APL. A few easily sanded striations on the bonnet. The rounded mudguards are a bit rough. If it was a tank I'd care more, but these are just cheap transport. 


The interior detail is OK as well. It would certainly benefit from the addition of some seated figures though. I'm never quite sure what colour to do canvas tilts. This (rolled) one I did a yellowish green.


The running gear has come out very well, and with my usual multiple layers of drybrushing and washes, it comes out looking suitable dirty and battered. Just plain sand so it is good for many theatres.



No comments:

Post a Comment