Monday 19 February 2024

15mm Desert Pocket Armies - German stage two

 As with the British desert stuff, I rather bit off more than I could chew to paint in one go with the Germans , so I left some more stuff to do later. These were mainly more vehicles, but in the end I worked out how much extra German infantry I'd need and added those into the mix too.


Got there in the end. I found this lot hard to get finished as I'd had Covid for a few weeks and didn't have much energy. The brain fog went on a while with the latest infection. Ugh. Horrible disease. 


A couple more trucks, the tilts are removable on these ones.


Two more infantry 'companies' of three bases each. These are all from stuff I had spare and are a mix of Peter Pig DAK and late war German infantry, and a fair number of PSC early war German infantry too. I found a big box of spare PSC Germans in the loft...


Various support items. More MG teams, a PSC 75mm Infantry Gun (yes, I have some of those spare too), plus a 50mm mortar, anti-tank rifle and another engineer team, this time with a flamethrower. This lot are all PSC early war infantry painted as DAK. It really is a big box of spare stuff. 


Some more individual figures to be leaders, FOO etc. If I ever play Crossfire with these figures, they will need PCs and single figures are useful for all sorts of stuff in general. These are largely repurposed from my late war German infantry, for whom I have far too many leader types.


And one or two more tanks! I'll do a seperate post on these. Yes, these are also all different colours, and the Zvezda Pz IVD has mysteriously become a PzIVE.



3 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff Martin! I take it the tanks are in addition to what you already have? I particularly liked the Panzer III with green overpaint. What was the source as I don't recall seeing the scheme, although IIRC some Tunisian armour was overpainted?
    I have to say I'm very distracted by the handwritten note in the first picture; I thought this was helpful painting notes of the colours used etc. Instead, I can decipher "cooling white" and "jelly bebies"!
    The names GW come up with for their paints never ceases to amaze me.....☺
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can't recall the source, possibly the Axis History forum? Supposedly DAK was supplied with various shades of camo paint right from the outset, but just slapped it on in various combos, although usually a single overall colour. For that particular vehicle I just based it on the tones on the Tunisia Tiger, so pale it is hardly worth the effort! Apparently my Vallejo colour notes also have a shopping list on them. I eat a lot of Jelly Babies on my longer runs (20 calories of pure sugar each).

      Delete
    2. Yes, this is extra stuff, so I now have two 'representative Panzer Companies'.

      Delete