Not much game playing this week. We'd planned on trying out Bob Cordery's nineteenth century rules with out Sudan figures at the club, but snow started hitting the ground at 4pm and Sheffield instantly collapsed in gridlocked chaos so we decided to give it a miss. Shame as I was looking forward to it. Anyway, the stuff is all packed up for next week.
I finished off basing my 20mm WW1 French, and they've come out OK. I otherwise felt a bit wargamed out WW1 wise as it has been full on Western Front since late last year, so a trip to WW2 last week was a nice diversion. I've jotted a few notes down specific to German offensive operations for Drumfire, but otherwise I was wondering what to do for a game in the next couple of weeks. I waded through Jentz's Panzertruppen Vols 1 and 2 over Christmas and felt vaguely inspired by that, so an outing to the Eastern Front I think. I pulled out my book of Spearhead scenarios but none of them particularly grabbed my imagination, well maybe one of them. Anyway, I'll have a think about it, probably end up somewhere in 1941 I think.
In an exciting development I bought a new ruler for measuring the bits of magnabase I'm endlessly cutting to put on bases. The old one was completely worn out, and as I'm a cheapskate and insist on using 8mm strip, I need to cut perfect 8mm squares to go on the back edge of the bases. I also bought a new tube of polystyrene cement. Will wonders never cease.
Friday, 5 February 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment