Saturday 24 October 2015

Reclaimed hoplites

This week I have mostly been recovering from last weekends shenanigans and sorting out the stuff for my forthcoming 100th Anniversary Loos game. I did however come across some photos of yet more figures recycled form other peoples collections.These are Hoplites from the collection of the late Robert Plumb. 

Metal figures, no idea of the manufacturers, and which required very little tarting up.

Assembled hoplites.
As usual, I put them on my 60x20 25mm DBx bases, and managed to assemble/repair enough of them for five elements. A few of the figures were in a sorry state with missing bits and needed a moderate amount of work.

Cloaked hoplites.
This batch all seemed to be identical castings, with small plumes and big cloaks.

Odds and sods.
These were more of a mixed bag, with various styles of figure which I had to mix up on the bases.

The lonely ones
This bunch were also similar and made up an element on their own, although a couple of the spears needed replacing.

Slingers, you can never have too many.
These venerable figures came via Mr Gow, and are I believe from the collection of his late friend JR.

The paintjobs on all these figures were pretty good, all I did was give them an ink wash and highlight some details after repairing the broken bits. I am sure they will give sterling service in the years to come, and I hope their original owners would have been glad to see them going on being used.

Finally....
Baa!
These goats have been in my painting box as long as I can remember. They are 20mm Irregular, and I think I originally got them to to a DBx camp element. As I was fixing up the hoplites and slingers, I took the opportunity to finish these off too and did them as single based so they can be scattered around in a scenic manner. Like the slingers and hoplites above, I am sure you can never have too many goats. There are a few other interesting things in my painting box, including a maxim gun mounted on a mule. Well, maybe one day....


2 comments:

  1. Yes, loaded up in transport configuration rather than ready to fire:)

    Every time I open up the painting box I think, oh, I should do the mule as well, but have so far failed.

    ReplyDelete