Tuesday 13 September 2022

Warbases dice frames

I recently bemoaned the tendency of tge little dice I use to track hits in the Neil Thomas ACW rules falling off the back of the movement trays. I was helpfully pointed in the direction of Warbases dice frames. Having measured up my dice (7mm) three bags of dice frames with 15 in each were rapidly on their way.


Sadly a google photos related issue meant I lost all the 'before' photos. Here they are based and painted up. They are made of laser cut 2mm MDF, and the frames come in a range of sizes, all with a 2mm edge (so mine were 11mm x 11mm in total).

As I already have magnetic strip on the back of most of my bases, the easiest thing was to mount them on steel paper cut into 11mm x 11mm squares. To stiffen them up a bit I put the steel paper onto business cards then cut them up and glued them to the frames with UHU. 


After that it was just a matter of painting them up, I went with a dark brown which blends in with the exiting colour of the frames and should go with my various ranges of bases.

You can see how neatly one of the dice fits in. Best thing is to give it a go and see how they work. If it is all a disaster I'll stick them to coins instead and just use them as standalone markers.

Highly recommended.
 

 



4 comments:

  1. Great idea to magnetise them as well. I've done all of mine on coins....

    Out of interest who was the first to put the little bit of magnetic tape in the corner of figures' bases?

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magnetising them is maybe a bit fiddly, it certainly extends the setup/takedown time. I might do some on coins too as they are so useful. Tim G started the whole magnetic strip on the base thing (for Megablitz). I just add them as a matter of course now as it is so useful.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I've started doing it too now for new projects when I use a figure base. I'm not doing my 6mm stuff though as I'm not prepared to do all the remedial work.

      Cheers,

      Pete.

      Delete
    3. I retrofitted them to my 15mm SCW and old WW2 stuff and it was a right pain.

      Delete