Friday, 11 September 2026

Blogger feed problems

 Just a a note to all the blogs I follow that Blogger has stopped updating my blog feed entirely and I haven't had an new post for almost three days now. I can still navigate to blogs individually and see updates, but it is of course a bit tedious to go through every single blog in my follow list.

So many apologies, I probably wont be viewing and commenting on other peoples blogs quite so frequently until this is fixed. I do rather wonder if Google is planning to kill Blogger by neglect. That would be a shame as I started doing this in2008, and it would be nice to get to the 20th anniversary.

6 comments:

  1. This latest “feature” is annoying, for sure. No blogroll update is a step below the recent “no comment” bug, though. While tedious, I can still search for updates manually. I would be surprised if Google is intentionally doing this. My hunch is that these issues may be due to an attempt to crack down on AI agent scraping and take back lost page view revenue but attempts are going wrong. I have noticed a significant drop in pageviews from these AI engines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an interesting thought. It would be good if they are trying to kill off the AI bots. As you say, you can still trawl them manually. I might write a local webpage so I can just use that (less clicks than doing it via blogger)

      Delete
  2. Still seeing your updates on Feedly.. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was going to have a look for alternative feed handlers. I'll start with feedly!

      Delete
    2. Bob Cordery originally gave me the hint when the old blog reader he and I were using was withdrawn and we were looking for replacements..

      Delete
  3. Updates still seem to be coming through, but with delay. I have stopped trying to understand blogger's motivations - but as above, could be AI related.

    ReplyDelete