Thursday 27 July 2023

15mm Renault UE (again)

 The missing French items from my QRF order eventually turned up, and I finally got around to painting some of them. First up are a pair of QRF Renault UE, with trailers.


These are lovely little models which come with trailers and stowage included. The stowage is separate so you can put it in different configurations. There isn't any assembly required apart from the stowage.


There is a lot of fine moulded detail for a metal model, although the tracks were slightly deformed as they are so thin.


To save on space I based them with the trailers as close to the towing vehicle as possible. I did them  overall olive green so they would do for both French and Rumanian service. Otherwise they just got an overall drybrush of tan to lighten them up a bit and pick out the highlights.


As I'd already got some BPM Renault UE, I lined them up for comparison. Oooer missus! The BPM one has obviously eaten all the buns. Mmmm, that isn't great actually. QRF are generally pretty good at sticking to 1/100th scale, so I suspect the BPM one is out.

I also clearly used a different pot of green paint for the BPM models, I could have sworn it was VJ894, but obviously not. 


It isn't the end of the world as they are still both tiny vehicles, although hilariously the BPM one is on exactly the same size base as the QRF one including its trailer. Note to self for the future, cheaper isn't necessarily better.

Anyway, useful additions no doubt and handy for a range of things, possibly even standins for Konsomlets tractors, should that be required.




2 comments:

  1. If wiki is correct in 1:100 it should be 28mm x 17.4mm. If the BPM model is a third larger then they might have sent you the 20mm model rather than the 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I didn't think to check the measurements. They are both so tiny anyway, but thanks, I'll measure them.

      Delete