Thursday 18 January 2024

Logistic bits - resin fuel drums, ammo crates and tents

 Regular readers may recall I picked up some truck stowage at Partisan from early war Miniatures. These comprised two packs, each with four clusters of fuel drums and four clusters of ammo crates.


These are astonishingly good value, and are intended to go in the back of open topped trucks. While notionally 20mm, they easily fit in all my 15mm trucks (apart from my Peter Pig Gaz AA which only takes the fuel drums), and obviously they can be used as scatter terrain as well.


I undercoated them black, then did the oil drums in a mid grey with an a Bronze Green wash and then a drybrush, which picked out the detail nicely.


The ammo crates are similar, except they are mid green, also with a dark green wash and a dry brush. I should probably add magnetic strip to the bottom of all of these items, but that can wait for now. 


At Partisan I also picked up some resin tents (from Pendraken iirc). They are badged as Command Tents, but look ideal to use as Roman marching tents. If I play any more Phalanx or similar, I need a bit more eye candy for my camps.


I've already got a bunch of Irregular tents (featured in my Shiloh game), but they are painted as faded canvas. I wanted some goatskin tents, so I did these in natural leather, heavily drybrush with ochre, then given a dark brown wash and a light drybrush. I think they've come out OK and will be a useful supplement to my existing tent collection.


6 comments:

  1. Only wargamers would have a "tent collection" ! ☺
    My first thought on seeing the oildrums was:

    https://kampfgruppewillow.blogspot.com/2023/12/wehrmacht-fuel-drums.html

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect you can never have too many tents. I am a bit short of boats though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. Tbh I'm sure I could have made my own ammo crates, I've already got some I made from balsa, but these were just so easy....

      Delete
  3. Very good, will keep an eye out for the drums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never even realised EWM did resin accessories, and the oil drum clusters are much better value than individual drums.

      Delete