Thursday 29 August 2013

20mm First World War British (Part 1)

These are my 20mm plastic WW1 Western Front British troops. Being a bit sad I also have WW1 stuff in 15mm and 6mm, so at some point I'll take some photos of those.

Various stands lined up, a 1918 brigade in Great War Spearhead terms.

Infantry stands. These are all Emhar, they look a bit rough close up but take an inkwash nicely.

Support elements, Vickers guns and Stokes mortars plus the inevitable officer looking one way and pointing another.

A field artillery regiment, Emhar 18pdrs.

The guns from the side.

These have been a very serviceable army and have seen a fair bit of action over the years, generally being forced over the top time and again as I try out various permutations of high intensity trench warfare rules. The figures are painted with Humbrol khaki over a black undercoat, the webbing picked out in GW 'bestial brown' and the whole thing washed in Windsor & Newton peat brown ink.


2 comments:

  1. Excellent work, they look really good. I'd like to see your 15mm WW1 figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'll photography the 15s at some point, it is just a matter of getting around to it. Some of them are in my posts on Ten Rounds Rapid though.

    ReplyDelete