Tuesday 1 February 2022

15mm Fordson Radio Truck

 I went to Partisan late last year and was delighted to see actual vendors selling actual toys rather than doing it all online. I'm a bit late to the 3D models game, and I must say a lot of photos of early ones just looked awful - covered in print lines etc. 

A supplier I'd not heard of before was at the show - Syborg, who have an extensive range of various common and much less common vehicles. The price was pretty comparable to Zvezda, so I picked a few up. If anyone wants to check them out, their website is here: https://www.syborg3dprinting.co.uk/


First up, a Fordson radio truck. This has a lot of moulded panel lines, grids etc so any print lines are not hugely obvious. There was some lining on the bonnet and the front canvas tilt, but I just painted over it.


It is a lovely little model, and a nice addition to my collection of command vehicles. It was a single piece moulding, so no unpleasant assembly required, and there wasn't much flash to clean off.


It sits nicely and I really like the detailing on the roof, sides and wheels. 


It did it in an approximation of Mickey Mouse camo as the black paint covered the print lines on the canvas tilt. A bit of drybrushing then picked out the panel lines etc on the various surfaces. I didn't bother with markings, I rarely do these days apart from aircraft.

A nice little model, I'm really pleased with it. Doing some vehicles also made a change from the serried ranks of ACW figures! 
 


6 comments:

  1. I noticed their stand at the last Partizan too and was quite tempted, they looked like they were doing some interesting bits and pieces at quite reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the prices were very reasonable indeed and they had some unusual stuff. I do like a radio truck!

      Delete
  2. I "filled my boots" with trucks from their bargain bin and bought some oddball stuff for my RCW armies. They paint up okay. Good price. I also ordered a Mark V Hermaphrodite from their online store, which looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw you'd bought a load of stuff (and you showed some of it to me at the time!). I really do like the 'no assembly' aspect. I have a lot of resin 20mm stuff from Frontline which is also similarly no-nonsense.

      Delete
  3. Very nice Martin. 3d printing is the future....

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete. I'm not sure I'll ever do it myself, but it certainly seems to be a great way of avoiding the pain of sticking lots of fiddly bits together.

      Delete