Wednesday 22 March 2023

Renault R35 turrets

 While I was sorting out the Fowler tractor, I came across some old resin R35 turrets. I recall they were donated by Tim, and I had some vague idea about using them as substitute turrets for my H39s so they could pretend to be H35s. 


I rapidly realised that wasn't going to work as they seem to be 1/76th. I think they'd been carved off some resin bunkers, so I thought I may as well do them as fortress turrets. We do go to Normandy sometimes for games and they may be useful.


I just did them in standard three colour camo. There were actually three turrets but the cupola had fallen off one and it wasn't worth trying to bodge it up so I just painted two.


They got an inkwash (more obvious here around the turrets) and a light drybrush to pick out the details. Job done, and into the fortifications box they go.



2 comments:

  1. Martin,

    There is at least one R35 turret without a cupola on a bunker in Jersey. There is a picture of it here = https://www.pinterest.com/pin/599189925406326272/

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, OK. Well, too late now as I've binned the damaged turret.

      Delete