Monday 16 September 2024

Breda 20mm AA guns

 My Italians needed some more support weapons, and you can't beat a 20mm Autocannon. The Breda 20mm cannon was very effective and very popular with Italians, Germans and British alike. 


These are BPM resin prints (you can only get them in resin). The mount is a single piece print with a separate barrel, the pieces are very fine, but sturdy enough for gaming purposes, the resin has a decent 'spring' to it. 


I should maybe have made the bases a bit bigger, but if I can get things onto a 30x30 I will. I had to angle the guns slightly to get them on the base  as the tripod mount is oddly asymmetrical. I assume the real one was like that. 


I could have sworn I had some Italian gunners in stock, but apparently not. I bodged up the crew from some spare Fallschirmjager and DAK crews. Perhaps these guns are crewed by Folgore or something? 

The guns themselves I just did in plain dark ochre, and the crew in various darker sandy shades. A nice bonus was that the models came with a spare barrel, so now I have a spare Breda to mount on a vehicle. 


2 comments:

  1. Nice. I think I have some SDD(?) ones somewhere.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I used to have quite a bit of SDD stuff as they filled various gaps in the available ranges back in the late 90s.

      Delete