Tuesday 8 October 2024

Another 3D printing supplier, Battlefield 3D.

 While hunting around for alternative vehicle suppliers, another 3D Printing firm I came across was  Battlefield 3D. Like 3D Printing Valley, their stuff is exclusively resin, but they have a much wider range of designer licences and they are also considerably cheaper.

The only downside is that they are a well established company with a lengthy backlog of orders, so you have to wait a while for printing and delivery (I think my order took 3-4 weeks to process).


It was well worth the wait however. I just got a few trial vehicles I needed, but they are absolutely exquisite, they make Syborg and BPM prints look like childrens clay models, and they are also considerably finer than the 3D Printing Valley ones. The only comparable metal models I can think of are Quality Castings, the rest are just blobby lumps of lead in comparison to these. These are as good as, or better than,  decent injection moulded plastic models, the Austin even has the gear stick printed in thee cab and the roof rails on the Dorchester are all open.

For the trial run, I got (another) Dorchester ACV, an Austin K2 Ambulance, a Dodge Ambulance, a Krupp Protz radio car and an Opel Fuel Tanker.

I'll get these painted up and report on them individually in due course. 




1 comment:

  1. I'd agree with the Battlefield 3D resin stuff being superb.
    They also do 1:87 which helps with my AIW project.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete