Thursday 17 October 2024

CMP Quads

 To go with my new BPM 25 pounders, I also needed some more quads to tow them. I added a couple to my order with 3D Printing Valley.


Like most of their range, they are obviously more aimed at 1/56th scale Bolt Action, but they are nice enough models in 1/100th if a bit cartoony. These are CMP Quads, so have the characteristic snub nose, and also a different arrangement for the spare wheel on a sort of platform.


The bodies are printed as single pieces, but they come with separate wheels and axles, so a fair amount of assembly was involved. I couldn't quite get the front wheels lined up right, but it is good enough for wargaming.


There is a nice amount of raised detail, slightly exaggerated. The parts all fitted perfectly with no flash. These vehicles make a nice change from my fleet of QRF Quads.


You can see what I mean about the front wheels not being quite right. I did these in mid brown with black disruptive to match the latest batch of 25pdrs, so now I have eight Quads, each in pairs with different colour schemes! Hopefully that will be enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment