Wednesday 28 April 2021

Zvezda Matador

 I've already got some of these  but as someone very clever said "you can never have too many lorries", so I thought I'd get another one to join my ever growing pool of 1/100th scale Allied softskins.


For such a simple shape, this one actually has a fair number of parts but isn't too bad to put together. Trucks always seem to have more bits than tracked AFVs.


It goes together very cleanly with a good fit, although I added dabs of glue rather than relying on the notional 'push fit' of Zvezda kits.


It sits very high, like the original and has nicely moulded panel lines which a drybrush picks up very well.


I did this in late war khaki green - Vallejo Russian uniform with a wash of VJ Bronze Green. The Bronze Green also runs into the panel lines etc so provides a bit of shading. Finished the whole thing off with a bit of light mud around the suspension, an overall drybrush of dust and did the windows in my usual blue/white dodgy glass effect.



2 comments:

  1. Looking good there Martin. Were they solely tows in WW2 or a general purpose truck?

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mixture, some as medium gun tows, others used as supply trucks (they built 9000 so not all tows). I wish Zvezda made a Bedford, but they don't, so this will have to do.

      Delete