Tuesday 8 March 2022

15mm Sdkfz 11

 The last Syborg print I picked up was another German halftrack. The packet wasn't actually sure if it was a 10 or an 11 as 10 was crossed out and 11 written over the top, but it certainly looks like an 11.


Like the other models, this was dirt cheap and a single piece casting.


The rails, wheels, and radiator have printed really well. 


There are very few print lines on this one, perhaps the more angular shape works better than the 203mm howitzer.  The driver is a bit blobby but fine, although I wish manufacturers would cast them in caps instead of helmets. 


The rear deck is nicely done as well. This is a really neat model and a good addition to the collection as you can never have too many prime movers.

I just did it in faded panzer grey like most of my German transport so it is good for the whole war. Not that I'm a cheapskate or anything, but only my 6mm Germans have the luxury of identical softskin vehicles painted in dunkelgelb or grey depending on time period. A  bit of mud and dust gave some contrast and picked out the highlights.  


3 comments:

  1. That has turned out very nicely.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an interesting vehicle and for a one piece casting has nicely done track / wheel detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that 3D prints often have great wheel and track detail, where they suffer are large flat surfaces at slight angles. I was impressed d with this one though, particularly the rails and windscreen.

      Delete