Monday 26 August 2024

Bf 109 (Trop)

 Ah well, the rot starts here. My original plan was to use my 6mm tropical aircraft with my 15mm stuff, but Tim has already donated to me a load of 1/144th Italian and British planes in desert camo, so the Lufwaffe was never going to be far behind.


I picked up this old Bf 109 from the collection of Frank, a long standing SWS member who sadly died suddenly. I've no idea of the original manufacturer, but it is a plastic model. It was originally done in green splinter with blue undersides, but I thought it was worthy of a repaint in North Africa splodge camo. 


I left the original decals on and left a gap in the sand paint around them to show the original dark green camo, rather like some of my DAK panzers. Otherwise it was just a job of adding the red brown blobs and the various white trimmings. I did the H insignia on the fuselage stripe with a paint pen. I also painted the canopy dark blue as it looks better than battered clear plastic, and shows the perspex support frame better.  


I left the underside as it was, but added the white FFI wingtip bands.

Job done, it will be appearing in a game shortly.



No comments:

Post a Comment