Monday 5 August 2024

US Airborne 75mm Pack Howitzers

I've already got some 75mm Pack Howitzers, but with British para crews who are very distinctive. For my Memoir 44 Market Garden game I needed some artillery for the US Airborne divisions, so as I was putting in an order anyway, I got a couple more 75s.


They are identical to my British ones. Lovely resin models, very crisp and well detailed. Two part construction with trail and barrel, but they go together very easily as the trunnions and mounting slots are well defined.


The obvious difference is that these guns have US crews. These are some spare PSC mortar(?) crews I had in the spares box. The guy with the binos has separate arms, which are a pita to stick on, but in the main they are lovely slim figures, like 15mm versions of AB.

I did them in infantry type uniforms, as that is what I know how to paint, and the US Airborne artillery battalions were a mix of para drop and glider landed. The guns are OD.


On an airborne theme, I also got some Jeep supply trailers. Very useful for para units, and three of them gives me enough to run the whole of Market Garden using Megablitz or similar, to represent the divisional supply columns.


These are APL, but actually decent models, the covers don't have any striations on at all, although the sides are a  bit grainy. I based them up separately so I can use my Jeeps for other things.


They look rather fine in towing mode however.

I've played Market Garden using Megablitz twice, and using Panzergruppe twice more, but there is always room for another go...


2 comments:

  1. A bridge too far perhaps - but never a game too far! The guns & trailers look like very useful additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was very pleased with the trailers, I'm sure they will be useful for all sorts of things.

      Delete