Thursday 15 August 2024

Dodge 4x4 truck

 Although I have lots of GMC 6x4 trucks, I don't have much medium sized US transport, so I thought I'd try out one of the BPM Dodge 4x4 trucks to see how they are.


As it was a trial, I went with an APL model, which was cheap, but has very obvious striations on the tilt. That is OK as it is battered canvas. I went for the covered version, but in fact the tilt comes as a separate piece. The model itself had the usual great bed of printing flash to remove, but it came away OK.


It is actually a very clean model with nice detail (apart from the lines on the tilt)


The wheels and bonnet detail and very good indeed. As it is covered I didn't bother adding any crew. I just did it overall OD with a bit of a dusty drybrush.


I did pick out the headlights and tail lights with POSCA paint pens though.

That is a nice model, I may get a few more of those as they are handy for all sorts of things. Not sure about tilt on vs tilt off though.


2 comments:

  1. Brings back memeories of the Minitanks ones I had in my youth, that got roped in for all sorts of things. They certainly got used as German heavy field cars with suitable hacked about Airfix figures as crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a very useful vehicle for all sorts of things, being a bit more 'neutral' in appearance than eg 15cwt trucks.

      Delete