Friday 12 March 2021

Scenario Downloads

 Along with the Rules Downloads page, I've added a Scenario Downloads page over on th right hand side.

I'll aim to populate it over time as I put new games and also catch up with some of the older ones. As a starter for ten I've put up some of my recent One Hour WW2 scenarios, specifically:

WW2 One Hour Wargames Scenarios

1. Arras May 1940, Arras France. The battle of Arras, most of Rommels 7th Panzer Div faces off against 1st Army Tank Brigade and 3 DLM. Translated from a KISS Rommel scenario. Game report here: https://tgamesweplay.blogspot.com/2020/12/one-hour-arras.html

2. The Road to Minsk Summer 1941, near Minsk. Eastern Front. 20th Panzer Div breaks through to Minsk during Operation Barbarossa, while scattered Russian units rush to encircle and destroy them. A standard OHW scenario converted to a real battle.

Game reports here: https://tgamesweplay.blogspot.com/2020/05/the-road-to-minsk.html

and here: https://tgamesweplay.blogspot.com/2020/08/road-to-minsk-vcow2020.html

3. Escape from Tula December 1941, near Tula. Eastern Front. Panzer Group Eberbach tries to escape from encirclement during Zhukovs winter counteroffensive. A standard OHW scenario converted to a real battle.

Game report here: https://tgamesweplay.blogspot.com/2021/01/escape-from-tula.html

4. Hill 241 July 1943, Kursk. Eastern Front. 1st SS LAH tackles 2nd Tank Corps and 183 Rifle Div on the road to Prochorovoka. A standard OHW scenario converted to a real battle.

Game report here: https://tgamesweplay.blogspot.com/2020/04/hill-241-10th-july-1943.html

5. Twin Villages 1944 Krinkelt/Rocherach, Ardennes. The best part of a Volksgrenadier Division supported by 12th SS Panzer Div takes on 99th Infantry during the Battle of the Bulge. A standard OHW scenario converted to a real battle.

Game report here: https://tgamesweplay.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-twin-villages.html


8 comments:

  1. Very useful, thanks Martin.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for sharing those, Martin, I appreciate it. I'm in the process of gathering as much as I can for early East Front brigade to divisional-level scenarios, so numbers 2 and 3 are very useful. I'm getting into Rapid Fire Reloaded, we'll see how it goes.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be putting some more up as I go along. Mark Piper had a fabulous RF scenario archive I came across and I downloaded dozens of them. I think they are part of the main RF website now.

      Delete
    2. I'll keep my eyes open for more from you. Yes, I found the RF website and took them for everything they had, both pay and free. I've been scouting the Battlefront site as well, which has loads of scenarios that can be adjusted to RF.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
    3. For early East Front I'd recommend Andrew Rolphs "Grey Steel, Red Storm" which is a series of brigade ish sized engagements covering 1941 to 1943. Aimed at Spearhead but easy to translate to others.

      Delete
    4. You know, I think I actually already own that! If not, I soon shall.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
    5. Andrew also wrote an eastern front campaign in the same series, again aimed at early war. Barbarossa? It generates brigadeish sized battles and is based on the old 'Race to Leningrad' campaign I wrote years ago.

      Delete